Wednesday, October 08, 2008

the numbers that made my day.... or not....


things going on my mind :
i was super-ecstatic just now... :(
what else does she want?



I've just got my exam results and its really super... I got more that i expected as stated in the previous post about my expectations...

the magic number is...


3.8250



yup, that's my CGPA(Cumulative Grade Point Average which is over a 4) for my Year One Semester One of my 3 years, 8 Semester Bachelor of Communication (Honours) Broadcasting course in Tunku Abdul Rahman University(UTAR).

well, it's a good foundation, and I think I could get into the President's/Dean's , my lowest score was C+, that's above a C rite? But it's still a C.. haha.... ok here are my results in Alphabets...

Introduction to Chinese Language - A (4.0)
Communicative English - A (4.0)
Broadcasting - A- (3.7)
Introduction to Mass Communication - A- (3.7)
Pengajian Malaysia - C+

(I think I'm good at languages and esp. English, but I never wanted to take English Language as a Major coz'......... no interest in it, the subjects are booorrrriiiiinnnnnggggggg, and the field that you can get into are very narrow)

and yes, I've read wrongly the criteria of getting into the Dean's/President's List...

To get into Dean's List

(i) attempted a minimum of 12 credit hours and obtained a GPA of 3.6000 and above (Checked)
(ii) no barred, repeat, resit and absent units (Checked)
(iii) no grade of ā€œCā€ and below (mine is a C+, is it still a C? Besides, Pengajian Malaysia is a LAN compulsory subject and is not included in the CGPA for that matter, does it still count? Am I still in??????!!!!)

President's List however

(i) attempted a minimum of 12 credit hours and obtained a GPA of 3.8500 and above (just missed by a bit [0.0250])
(ii) no barred, repeat, resit and absent units (checked)
(iii) no grade of ā€œCā€ and below (refer above)

I hope my dream of getting into the Dean's List will come true...

Why was I ecstatic before and changed so quickly? Not because I MAY not make it into the Dean's List, but because all my mum has to say was "So make sure your other semesters don't drop to pull your CGPA down lor...", my ecstatic-ness just disappeared... just with her one sentence... why can't she be happy with what I have now and worry about the future later?! I know her sentence makes sense but I just wanted to hear something like a "You've done very good, girl!" It just makes me feel more like not achieving anything in the future... then I don't have to stress too much on achieving and expect too much from her... I was sooo happy at my results that I got myself soaked wet in the heavy rain just to go get it to give her somewhat a surprise, but that was never there... I thought the soaking would be worth it... Sometimes, it's little things and words that I wanna hear from her that makes me prepare for some surprises like this... Maybe I expect too much... 3.8250 isn't something big, it's just one of the "great" achievements that an above-average-scoring-girl like me thinks of it as...

anyways... I will put a ChatBox on my page soon... I hate it when my friends have to comment in that way, out of the page...

Will post about my trip to Malacca as well...


so, with much happiness and disappointment, this is jOyCe signing out at o7.47 p.m. , 8th October 2008

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home