Thursday, August 11, 2005

Broken Heart (edited by thiv)

How can I compare you to how he treats me?
He whom I’ve always treated as a friend,
Treats me the same way,
But do you?

I’ve been thinking,
Was it me that infuriated you?
Or was it you who detested me?
All I’ve wanted is to be your friend,
A simple friendship wouldn’t hurt, would it?

You might think that I don’t look,
But deep inside, I want to,
I fear to know the ending,
Do you see me?
Do you even know you’ve met me?

Every time I set my eyes on you,
I feel like shouting your name,
But the words don’t seem to come out.

Sometimes, you just make me irate,
Irate enough to hate someone,
How could this occur to me?
I’ve made my mistakes,

I dare not confront you,
Because I’m terrified to know the answer,
Is it because you’re too popular? Or are you an introvert?

It hurts to see you with other lass,
It hurts to know that I can only converse with you formally,
It hurts to see you wave goodbye to your friends except me,
It hurts to not be your friend,
It hurts that you don’t riposte my messages,
It hurts that you don’t let me care.

It hurts to see you hurt but not knowing why,
It hurts to see you sad but not being able to share your sadness,
But most of all,
It hurts so much to love you the way I do,
And then I look at you and realize how much you don’t care,
I regret not taking the chances to talk to you.

I was the one, who started our friendship,
And yet, I was the one losing it all,
I want to give up, but I can’t.

I still wonder, are we still friends?
I want to care for you,
I want to talk to you,
I want you to share your sadness with me,
I want you to show me the tears you never shed.

I’ll let you go, when the time comes,
As long as you are happy,
What is left, is just another,
Broken heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home